Forum/Support Market
Busy icon

Table of Contents

Terraria is a 2D adventure game developed by indie developer Re-Logic. The game rules are simple: dig, fight, build and explore. The mechanics of building in this game resembles the famous Minecraft, in which you put material in blocks together and make a whole. You start with a pickaxe and an axe which are used for gathering resources from the environment and protect yourself from harmful enemies, and then use the resources to craft furniture and building blocks to construct your own house.

Features

Your first house is the base for your further exploration. The bed is your spawn point and you could craft weapons and potions from a workbench and a bottle to aid your battle. The house is also the place NPCs reside who you could purchase stuffs from. As you dig down from the ground level, you will face tougher enemies in different environments. Slaying these enemies give you valuable resources in crafting. At the same time, there are also more variety of resources and equipments at depth. So it is a challenging and rewarding task to dig down and explore the world.

The game has no distinct goals and you set one up on your own. For example, if you enjoy fighting, you could go down all the way to the lava level to fight the toughest enemies. If you enjoy exploring, you could dig through the uncountable blocks underground to search for items. And if you enjoy building, there are varieties of resources for you to craft what you want. There is no limit and restriction about what you do and self-fulfilling is the goal of the game.

Development Status

Since the game is released in a rather early state, game play bugs and the lack of content were significant problems for the game. But after a series of updates, the game has become a lot better in these aspects. Though, the game still lacks long-term replay value because a player would have done everything available in the game eventually. For this, many players have suggested features like competitive online modes and AI controlled faction, but none of them has been added yet at this point. The developers have promised such features to be added in the future.

Server and Password

IP/Hostname: terraria.hsp.hk
Password: Ask the players below
http://steamcommunity.com/id/LegifyX/
http://steamcommunity.com/id/76561197993767541
http://steamcommunity.com/id/tofutofu

Password Changed on 1st Feb, 2012.

We currently host one public server for Terraria which supports up to 16 players. Since the game has a relatively small community in Hong Kong, you will not see many people in game. But still, do not hesitate in trying it out. The game could be still fun even for one player alone.
Replies

Whoever's running the server, please remove the Cheating Kick "Projectile Spam". I was fighting a boss using megashark+crystal bullets and I was kicked multiple times for "projectile spam" (Note I'm only firing like one normally would with a megashark while fighting a boss).
So then later I toned it down to a clockwork assault rifle and I still got kicked for projectile spam.
Please, it ain't fun :(

Took away the secure=1 from the server configurations, hope it will disable the buggy cheating detection.

Nice, that did the trick :)

On 15/01/2012 10:30 PM I left the server.
Later on 16/01/2012 AM I came back, and four dynamite explosions plus one bomb went off in the spawn building and NPC cells.
I saw a Japanese player seemingly pretending to be a newb (swinging a bronze axe) but having rocket boots go on the server named something like Windowsill.
Yeah.

Changed the password and the password is only known to some regular players. If other players want to play in the server, you can just add them and ask for the password.

So if someone got the password and the world is griefed, then the culprit can be narrowed down to a handful of players.

Been playing lots of single player, was looking for a local multiplayer server that i could play on to reduce lag, as the only multiplayer i've played on Terraria so far was a friend's server all the way in Singapore. Can someone add me on Steam and send me the password for the server? Steam name is MortalitasBorealis. Thanks!

0332288: Please add any one of the players listed at the end of the first post and ask them about the password.

Thanks i got the pass. What port is it btw, 7777?

Default port 7777.

And the server has been updated to 1.1.2.

thanks but was the ip changed? I can't connect :/

nevermind, i connected now :D