Forum/Support Market
Busy icon
Today i "sold" a Payday 2 copy for 6 keys:

Purchase (Pool, Completed)
April 12, 2014, 6:29 p.m. 856274, Unverified

The thing is that the payday disappeared from my bot's inventory, but I got no keys in exchange - don't know how this happened.
Please return my loss!

ps.: And there's still a ghost copy of Payday 2 remained in my trade...
Replies

I noticed this in the commit log and was looking at this case as well.

Take a look at the inventory history in steam: http://dispenser.tf/bot/299/inventoryhistory

There were actually no Payday sold within 2 days, and I can only suspect the Payday had already been revoked due to bought with 'non-legit funding', by the definition of Valve.

Im sure it wasn't revoked.
I bought it from a trusted seller called Dalton, and bought 5 of them at the same time. 2 of them are in my inv, 2 in my bots inventory, and 1 got lost in your buggy new system.

Im pretty sure you dont know either what happened, so its easier and cheaper to blame it on the user.

Return my loss, and I will leave this whole website in 1-2 weeks so that you wont have any more problem with my "revoked" gifts in the future.

Your 3 Payday 2 didn't ever left your bot since 11 Apr 3:29am. And now there are only 2 left.

Steam inventory history don't tell lies.

Checked the bot's trade offer history as well and the gift is not traded...Two people tried to buy but they did not pay up.

TheGzin if you are reading this post did you purchase a Payday 2 from Thoth?

Of course I trust your story. But just look at the bot's history, no one has ever taken a payday 2 or the 6 treasure keys out. The best chance now is the gift is deleted from Steam. I always try my best to recover user's items, but I cannot keep on using my own pocket to pay up something that I should not be responsible for.

Why did it disappear then when there was a _completed_ purchase?

Hello. Yesterday I tried buy payday2 from 2-3 bots but I got error all time. I remember I tried in your bot but without success. Finally I got trade working with other bot:

http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198077269115
http://clip2net.com/s/7d6lDm

Dispenser history trade screenshot:

http://clip2net.com/s/7d6uD3

Hope you get your game back soon :)

PD: Sorry for my eng :/

Why did it disappear then when there was a _completed_ purchase?

TheGzin (the person who tried to buy) did not buy it.

A more appropriate thing to do is to submit a support ticket and ask if the 5 Payday 2 you bought are legit. Even you bought them from a legit trader he may unknowingly got them from unsafe source. Your other copies may be revoked later too, who knows, just ask them and see. If Valve says they are all legit I will compensate you the 6 keys out of my own pocket.

I talked to Dalton; he said he sold more than 400 gifts of payday2 without problems since the start of the last sale.

The _only_ scene I could imagine (when the source wasn't a problem in the dispenser system itself) is that this 1 gift was bought with money got out of selling hijacked keys on the market.

We shall see what happens, but as last words independently from this topic, regarding the trade offer one:
I think the reason, Trade Offer adaptation will fail in a longer term is not that it's buggy on the dispenser side (I suppose you are professional enough to make a smooth system) or on the steam side, but that newbie people don't know it, and aren't open for it - and they are a _great_ part of our (game resellers) customers.

Because this is capitalism, and they simply don't have to adapt to your new system, if the old still works and there are 10 other sellers on the same price.
Thank you for the last half a year for providing this service, as it worth more than this 6 keys, or the VIP donation. I remember when as being among the first dispenser game resellers I could be happy to sell 3 games/day, and in the last months this grew to 20+ games/(good) days.
It was a pleasure to use your site!

I will leave this scene soon looking for a more profitable solution on game reselling, but will look back at your site regularly as I'm interested what kind of history will you be able to write for it.

/edit: I don't know if you intentionally moved the 6 keys to my bot, but you should either take them back, or activate them on my dispenser inventory so that I could take them out.

Looks like the same thing happened to Tranquality as well: http://dispenser.tf/forum/view/2922/

I am not saying your gift is revoked (I could not have known, really). I am just stating the fact that it has been deleted, and only Valve has the authority to do so. They are the only one who could know why this had happened.

About the trade offer system itself: I would say just give it some time for people to adapt. We never know if they could adapt if we have never tried. I am actually more positive in long term compared to short term. I believe every people in this world learn and become smart. They will find the positive of using trade offer very soon.

The gist of this change is the future development of Steam trade is not looking good as there are more and more limitations. Further 'hacking' the Steam client is becoming more and more difficult. I don't think most Steam bot developers could keep sticking with Steam trade for long term either.

I will remove the 6 keys for now until we could know what had happened to your gift.

Yes, this is concerning.
I start praying it's "only" a bug in dispensers system, and not volvo's new exercise to step on cross-border game trading.

By the way, what's this message? I tend to get a lot of these...: (Pool, Send Error, Giving Up)