Forum/Support Market
Busy icon
Please post all bug reports related to dispenser.tf here.

*I may not reply to every posts here. You can check back and see if the bugs are fixed.

**If you would like to report a critical bug, please do not post the details here. Contact me privately instead.
Replies

I managed to find one of my traditional trades, even though I cannot view them through my shop, took an item out. When trying to withdraw it, there's this error:

ITEM LOCKED
Certain selected items were locked, please try again later.

I looked at my market orders There is only a disabled "Linked" button at the end of each row in the action column. It will not let me remove or edit them.
Please unlock my items.

I managed to find one of my traditional trades, even though I cannot view them through my shop, took an item out. When trying to withdraw it, there's this error:

ITEM LOCKED
Certain selected items were locked, please try again later.

I looked at my market orders There is only a disabled "Linked" button at the end of each row in the action column. It will not let me remove or edit them.
Please unlock my items.

It's a bug related to porting older code to newer version of Python, which raising StopIteration was needed in older Python, but will cause program terminate prematurely in newer Python version, hence nothing returned in the traditional trade page, now it should return your traditional trade.

It's a bug related to porting older code to newer version of Python, which raising StopIteration was needed in older Python, but will cause program terminate prematurely in newer Python version, hence nothing returned in the traditional trade page, now it should return your traditional trade.

Thanks for the fix. That let me see and modify my traditional trades through my store page. However, I still have market orders, probably automatically created, that have no corresponding originating traditional trade anymore. Yet, the orders are still there.
The Action column on those is still a disabled "Linked."
Is there something like a general panic button that lets a user lock down any active transactions of their shop account?

Thanks for the fix. That let me see and modify my traditional trades through my store page. However, I still have market orders, probably automatically created, that have no corresponding originating traditional trade anymore. Yet, the orders are still there.
Is there something like a general panic button that lets a user lock down any active transactions of their shop account?

Auto create market orders from traditional trades will be deleted when the traditional trade gets deleted. If some auto created limit order does not get deleted even the origin traditional trade gets deleted, you can post the order ID to let me check.

Hi, want to buy gift by traditional trade but it write me "Could not retrieve your backpack information, you may have set the permission as private, or Steam is busy." is it posible to end deal ? trade id 174684

Auto create market orders from traditional trades will be deleted when the traditional trade gets deleted. If some auto created limit order does not get deleted even the origin traditional trade gets deleted, you can post the order ID to let me check.

I can't post an order ID. That is not data I have access to.
These are the markets though where I cannot remove my orders:
5820, 21945, 27829
Please do so and/or maybe find out why I could not.

Thanks & good night

Edit: I could cancel two orders just now. One is still not letting me edit it (market 5820).
Suggestion: I deleted some traditional trades. Before now, I removed the locked items from a traditional trade and then left it. Now if the site were to check whether an items is actually being offered in any traditional trades and not, say, been removed already, could that not also lead to a market order getting unlocked?

I can't post an order ID. That is not data I have access to.
These are the markets though where I cannot remove my orders:
5820, 21945, 27829
Please do so and/or maybe find out why I could not.

Thanks & good night

Edit: I could cancel two orders just now. One is still not letting me edit it (market 5820).
Suggestion: I deleted some traditional trades. Before now, I removed the locked items from a traditional trade and then left it. Now if the site were to check whether an items is actually being offered in any traditional trades and not, say, been removed already, could that not also lead to a market order getting unlocked?

Probably because those Operation Phoenix Pass were removed from Steam long time ago, it became a stale left over because all the scripts check for this situation failed to detect it.
I manually cancelled the market ask order for those items.
The system no longer list traditional trades to market orders since a few years ago, they are separate systems now.

Hi, how i can use tradition trade ? is it posible buy the gift? trade id 174684

Hi, want to buy gift by traditional trade but it write me "Could not retrieve your backpack information, you may have set the permission as private, or Steam is busy." is it posible to end deal ? trade id 174684

Hi, how i can use tradition trade ? is it posible buy the gift? trade id 174684

^^ this.

I can confirm as well that (any) traditional trades have not been working at all for a long time already, at least since last year.

There seem to be an hard error in background when fetching buyers inventory and tf2 keys, but only generic "Could not retrieve your backpack information, you may have set the permission as private, or Steam is busy." message is being displayed.

Can this be fixed? This is not the typical and temporary "steam service currently not available" issue, because these trades have not been working at all anymore, please check what the real issue is.

Thanks.

Hi, I tried to deposit my items but always it's in the result of display of 'load error' or 'no inventory'. What's going on, this glitch has existed for quite long on this site. When will it be fixed ?

Hi, I tried to deposit my items but always it's in the result of display of 'load error' or 'no inventory'. What's going on, this glitch has existed for quite long on this site. When will it be fixed ?

It's related to the Steam newly imposed rate limit since the beginning of 2023. The deposit item list need to be rewritten from minimal API call to Steam to become large web scraping platform that commands thousands of proxy server IPs, spamming requests of such information from Steam. It should mostly work now, if your Steam inventory doesn't show within a minute, you can still keep the web page open, the background processes can take some time to run through requests from so many IP addresses.

The resulting situation is Steam needs to respond to much more requests with "429 Rate Limited" response, but they may still save some bandwidth because it's still much less stuff to send through the Internet than a full inventory response which can contain 50KB or more data. The costs of CPU power probably is much lower than bandwidth for their infrastructure which Valve desperately try to trade bandwidth usage with CPU usage.

Broken JS file / dispenser out of service

Hi, it seems that normal.js is being rendered dynamically and many times the required fragments will be missing. This in turn breaks complete dispenser website and puts it out of service for a prolonged period of time, since this broken script is then apparently cached.

For example the market pages won't load fully, nothing can be bought, orders can't be created. credits are not displayed, images are missing, etc., basically nothing works.

This seems to happen very frequently and randomly.

@Monsieur Cara, are you aware of this problem?

Here is an example of normal.js i downloaded few days ago:
https://ufile.io/21ypm7e8

Multiple sections will randomly be missing and contain "502 Bad Gateway" html markup instead.

Broken JS file / dispenser out of service

Hi, it seems that normal.js is being rendered dynamically and many times the required fragments will be missing. This in turn breaks complete dispenser website and puts it out of service for a prolonged period of time, since this broken script is then apparently cached.

For example the market pages won't load fully, nothing can be bought, orders can't be created. credits are not displayed, images are missing, etc., basically nothing works.

This seems to happen very frequently and randomly.

@Monsieur Cara, are you aware of this problem?

Here is an example of normal.js i downloaded few days ago:
https://ufile.io/21ypm7e8

Multiple sections will randomly be missing and contain "502 Bad Gateway" html markup instead.

It's probably caused by the bad disk performance of the server, causing the whole server just stalls on disk IO sometimes. I will change the disk soon.

Another lesson of China hardware looks so well by the package but just shit inside.