Forum/Support Market
Busy icon
Highlander Friendly Match Demo 高地模式友誼示範賽錄影片段: http://hsp.hk/community/view/961/
Application form 報名表格: http://hsp.hk/community/view/982/
Player-seeking / team-seeking 尋求玩家 / 隊伍: http://hsp.hk/community/view/988/)

hsp.hk在28/10晚舉辦了第一次高地模式友誼賽,期間,轉播的sourcetv server有近20-30人觀賞比賽。證明高地模式在香港及亞洲有著一定的吸引力。是次比賽雙方均獲益良多。為了提供更多類似比賽及組織隊伍的機會,我們將繼續致力在亞洲區推廣TF2的公開比賽。

為此,我們擬於聖誕節前後舉行一個將有更多隊伍參與的小型高地模式比賽。

我們將再次採用示範賽中的規則。不過將會嘗試容許更多不同的玩法,比賽將會採用更多種類的地圖。以下為一些我們希望加入的要素。

1. 加入單一階段的推車地圖
2. 加入非官方地圖 (如pl_swiftwater, cp_prolane)
3. 向其他伺服器 / 論壇宣傳是次比賽及嘗試合辦
4. 招攬更多的玩家,使不同隊伍因隊中有人因事未能出席時可向其他非參賽隊伍借兵
5. 現場旁述
6. 除正式比賽外提供更多有組織的高地比賽練習環境

我們需要各位的意見,使以後可以更順利舉辦高地模式比賽。

再一次感謝各位對我們的支持。

For the English version, please read in full.

hsp.hk hosted its first Highlander match on 28/10. That day, there were about 20-30 spectators on sourcetv viewing the highlander match, proving that Highlander is actually quite attractive around Asia. We all learned a lot from the match. And it is time to provide more competitions and team organizing opportunities with the success of the pilot highlander match between 7's and hsp.hk staff, to promote casual Highlander match toward a boarder audience.

Our current plan is to run a small highlander league with more teams participating during Christmas.

We will be using the same rules as the pilot match. The map pool will be different to allow more variations on game play. Here is some examples of what we are going to do:

1. Payload maps will be played, but limited to only maps with single stage.
2. Inclusion of custom maps (maps not included by default, e.g. pl_swiftwater / cp_prolane)
3. Promotion to other forums / servers and try to collaborate the knowledge and resources to run the highlander league.
4. Allowing mercenaries (players on other team or without team) to play for a team if a player on a team is unavailable.
5. Live commentaries
6. Random, mixed team highlander practice games apart from regular scrims and matches.

We need your opinion to improve our planning and executions for our future highlander matches.

Thank you for all the support to us.
Replies

Darn it, the first round totally coincides with my half-yearly exams... -.-
That means I won't be participating in the first round, but if that's the case, I'm not sure if any of my teammates will be unable to participate in that time as well... we'll see. Thanks for providing the schedule.
By the way, will there be prizes? :P just wondering.

Can we admins pool in some metal to buy some TF2 hats for prizes lol.

quote:(Can we admins pool in some metal to buy some TF2 hats for prizes lol.)

Yeah, every spy participant gets a Fancy Fedora from me :D

quote:(quote:(Can we admins pool in some metal to buy some TF2 hats for prizes lol.)

Yeah, every spy participant gets a Fancy Fedora from me :D)

Register for spy role then:D

quote:(quote:(quote:(Can we admins pool in some metal to buy some TF2 hats for prizes lol.)

Yeah, every spy participant gets a Fancy Fedora from me :D)

Register for spy role then:D)

報名費: 每隊3精[笑]

Oohh! Hats for every winning team members plz!! that's gonna attract a lot of ppl!!!

quote:(Oohh! Hats for every winning team members plz!! that's gonna attract a lot of ppl!!!)

After discussing with Rico, I am planning to give the leader of winning team a Clan Pride with decal of the icon of our tournament on it. Name tag and description tag would be used to describe the team and the competition to create something similat ro the ETF2L highlander badge from Valve. And if I have extra hats I would personally gift some of them to the participants.

And TFHK: I would like to know if you have already formed a team?

Whee, hats!
Oh, and yes, i've formed a team of about 13 now, should be almost ready for registration. I won't be the leader, though, as i won't be available for the first around according to the schedule provided here by Chlorine (half-yearly exams, dude. HK education is tough), and I think my other member would be better anyway.
Oh, and will the voice chat in the server during the tournament be restricted to team-talk only? or will everyone hear it? because if that's the case, I'll have to find some kind of other software...

quote:(Whee, hats!
Oh, and yes, i've formed a team of about 13 now, should be almost ready for registration. I won't be the leader, though, as i won't be available for the first around according to the schedule provided here by Chlorine (half-yearly exams, dude. HK education is tough), and I think my other member would be better anyway.
Oh, and will the voice chat in the server during the tournament be restricted to team-talk only? or will everyone hear it? because if that's the case, I'll have to find some kind of other software...)

We can provide mumble channel for your team if you use that software. If not its better for you guys to use 3rd party voice chat instead of the ingame voice chat.

actually, we would really appreciate it if you would re-schedule the tournament schedule. After all, this is Hong Kong, and a lot of our players will not be available in early to mid December due to the exams, and this is no small problem. We would appreciate it if you put the matches into the Christmas holidays instead. If the matches cannot be put into the holidays entirely, make it at least during the weekend, please.
Sorry for being a nuisance, it's just something I had to point out, as a lot of my members are students.

quote:(actually, we would really appreciate it if you would re-schedule the tournament schedule. After all, this is Hong Kong, and a lot of our players will not be available in early to mid December due to the exams, and this is no small problem. We would appreciate it if you put the matches into the Christmas holidays instead. If the matches cannot be put into the holidays entirely, make it at least during the weekend, please.
Sorry for being a nuisance, it's just something I had to point out, as a lot of my members are students.)

It is also fine, I will amend it tomorrow so the first round will be in mid-late December.

Will there be shoutcasting or something like that by hsp for the tournament?

quote:(Will there be shoutcasting or something like that by hsp for the tournament?)
Haha first all of u should tell us how to pronounce ur names!

Well, just so you know, we registered (Texan's our team leader). Here we go!

quote:(quote:(Will there be shoutcasting or something like that by hsp for the tournament?)
Haha first all of u should tell us how to pronounce ur names!)
So true :P Hell I cant pronounce the team name Letmatire or whatever