Forum/Support Market
Busy icon
Please post all suggestions related to dispenser.tf here.
Replies

Not sure if there is a way to fix this, but it is possible to get around the inventory size restriction by selling single items for multiple. See my trade for an example.

More bots...that would be very nice

Not sure if there is a way to fix this, but it is possible to get around the inventory size restriction by selling single items for multiple. See my trade for an example.

You can. Hoping to implement a nice way to fix in the future before we go with the donation upgrade model. Or else it would be pointless.

More bots...that would be very nice

Already a lot of bots.. some of them are still unused.

Have the page refresh after doing an exchange to see the current inventory. Could be done after hitting 'Continue' to close the dialog.

Seconded and it'd be a nice feature to be able to bookmark trades

Sorry, copy-pasta from the TF2 forums.

Looks promising, although the UI makes it look kind of...unprofessional and a bit shady. I would suggest using only one or two fonts, it looks like there's four fonts you're using on the front page alone and it kind of makes the page look awkward. A really jarring one would be when you use the search function and a big "No Matches" pops up in Times New Roman, where right below it it's in Arial(?).

Also, you might want to move the "SELL" from outside of the search bar and into the top bar, it took me a while to find, and honestly it makes a bit more sense to have the "SELL" up at the very top where it's easily accessible.

If you removed the black border on the trade windows (might need to make the background color darker to compensate) and the shadow on the items, it would probably look a lot cleaner as well.

And maybe using the same font and font size for level numbers and amount of metal too, that would make it more balanced looking.

Might consider changing the arrows to a solid color arrow (not black, but maybe a light brown to go with your color scheme) without the black border as well.

Also, if the item icons were enlarged, that would make it easier for traders to quickly glance through.

Sorry for all the nitpicks, take it as you will, but I just don't want to see new people turn away from using the site purely based on it's appearance. But thanks for making such a great site, I'll probably be using it a lot real soon!

Maybe something like this? -> http://i.imgur.com/YzuS9.png
http://i.imgur.com/9nEkT.png (without comments)

Sorry, copy-pasta from the TF2 forums.

Looks promising, although the UI makes it look kind of...unprofessional and a bit shady. I would suggest using only one or two fonts, it looks like there's four fonts you're using on the front page alone and it kind of makes the page look awkward. A really jarring one would be when you use the search function and a big "No Matches" pops up in Times New Roman, where right below it it's in Arial(?).

Also, you might want to move the "SELL" from outside of the search bar and into the top bar, it took me a while to find, and honestly it makes a bit more sense to have the "SELL" up at the very top where it's easily accessible.

If you removed the black border on the trade windows (might need to make the background color darker to compensate) and the shadow on the items, it would probably look a lot cleaner as well.

And maybe using the same font and font size for level numbers and amount of metal too, that would make it more balanced looking.

Might consider changing the arrows to a solid color arrow (not black, but maybe a light brown to go with your color scheme) without the black border as well.

Also, if the item icons were enlarged, that would make it easier for traders to quickly glance through.

Sorry for all the nitpicks, take it as you will, but I just don't want to see new people turn away from using the site purely based on it's appearance. But thanks for making such a great site, I'll probably be using it a lot real soon!

Maybe something like this? -> http://i.imgur.com/YzuS9.png
http://i.imgur.com/9nEkT.png (without comments)

Thanks a lot. We will work on the theme.

Being able to make offers on trades would be swell. Say someone has a name tag for sale for 1.33 refined but I have an orange paint in my inventory - I offer the paint for the name tag, they accept, and the trade happens as an offline deal. Or they have the name tag for sale, I offer 1.22 refined/credits, same deal.

I like the new design, but it's so BIG. I had to scale it down to 75% just so it was manageable.

Great site so far, guys. Thanks for the hard work you've put into this.

2 Requests/ Suggestions:

a) Filtering options during searching, or text filtering (so we dont have to search amongst all the item icons to find what we're looking for).

b) Searching for specific metal amounts (I have exactly 1.11 refined to spend, I'd love to know what I can buy for that amount. An option to look for items "up to" a defined amount would be great too.)

Being able to make offers on trades would be swell. Say someone has a name tag for sale for 1.33 refined but I have an orange paint in my inventory - I offer the paint for the name tag, they accept, and the trade happens as an offline deal. Or they have the name tag for sale, I offer 1.22 refined/credits, same deal.

This is actually a pretty neat idea.

I like the new design, but it's so BIG. I had to scale it down to 75% just so it was manageable.

Maybe we will decrease the size slightly.

Great site so far, guys. Thanks for the hard work you've put into this.

2 Requests/ Suggestions:

a) Filtering options during searching, or text filtering (so we dont have to search amongst all the item icons to find what we're looking for).

b) Searching for specific metal amounts (I have exactly 1.11 refined to spend, I'd love to know what I can buy for that amount. An option to look for items "up to" a defined amount would be great too.)

a. The current text search could narrow down the result to a single item and quality already. If you are talking about further filtering a bag trade, it is hardly doable.
b. We have something like that in mind called 'Advanced Search' which will very likely be a donator feature.

Reading the "missing items" thread it seems a lot of new users are confused when someone pays for their items with credit. It might be useful to show how much credit you have directly next to your inventory (as well as in the header), or if someone pays with credit next to the grayed out trade it could say "SOLD FOR CREDIT"/"PAID WITH CREDIT" or something to that effect, and the text could link to a FAQ item explaining how credit works.

Everything's great so far, really simple and easy to use, and effective too :D, just one suggestion:

Would it be possible to adjust urls (or add an option) so that people may visit "dispenser.tf/<uniqueid>" as well as "dispenser.tf/<steam64>"? It would be just a lot cleaner to link people and such.

Everything's great so far, really simple and easy to use, and effective too :D, just one suggestion:

Would it be possible to adjust urls (or add an option) so that people may visit "dispenser.tf/<uniqueid>" as well as "dispenser.tf/<steam64>"? It would be just a lot cleaner to link people and such.
That's already a feature for donators ($25+) or beta testers.

It's looking a lot better! I'd suggest making the "for" and the "# more trades" smaller than the Shop name text though, as the important part is the shop name. It kinda sticks out strangely if the words below the title are super big like they are now. I'm not sure if I explained that in a way that makes sense haha.

Also, on the search trade, maybe put the icons in Alphabetical order, or maybe the order it is on the class selection screen, i.e. Scout, Soldier, Pyro, ...etc. with Paint, Metal at the end? Makes it more organized that way.

Anyway, I especially like what you did with the icons, it's much clearer now. Great job, and keep up the good work on this site!