Forum/Support Market
Busy icon
Please post all suggestions related to dispenser.tf here.
Replies

Everything's great so far, really simple and easy to use, and effective too :D, just one suggestion:

Would it be possible to adjust urls (or add an option) so that people may visit "dispenser.tf/<uniqueid>" as well as "dispenser.tf/<steam64>"? It would be just a lot cleaner to link people and such.
That's already a feature for donators ($25+) or beta testers.

Oh right, my bed, thanks for answering though

I'd like to be able to drop the price of slow selling items if they don't sell without re-creating the sale. Also, a built-in price lowering mechanism where I choose the increment the price drops and at what time interval would be super handy.

Keep up the good work. I was happy to become a donor here. Thanks!

I'd like to be able to drop the price of slow selling items if they don't sell without re-creating the sale. Also, a built-in price lowering mechanism where I choose the increment the price drops and at what time interval would be super handy.

Keep up the good work. I was happy to become a donor here. Thanks!

This is doable but not as easy as it looks. If there is a price change when people has queued to buy your items, it will cause errors. This would take some times.

Can you make it so we can add scrap and reclaimed to our credits instead of just refined?

Don't know if this has been brought up - strange parts don't show up when you list a weapon with them attached. It would be cool if they were listed automatically, but if it's easier - being able to put a note on every trade would be useful for this, and I am sure lots of other reasons. I put the strange parts as my shop desc (see my shop) but it was a workaround. Site is a very cool thing. Just wanted to say that - good work!

Some more suggestions:
*Since only two trades show up while browsing the home page, it would be nice to select which two trades are "featured" for the shop.
*Being able to add credit as an offline trade. So if I have refined in my inventory, I'd like to be able to exchange it for credit to clear backpack space instead of having to withdraw the items then deposit them as credits manually.
*When creating a new trade or searching it would be nice if the categories were organized by class, then the miscellaneous ones.
*If someone has a trade accepting, say, any weapon as payment, I'd like to be able to make an offline trade and select a craftable weapon I may have in my inventory as payment. This again is to avoid having to withdraw the items then trade for them then potentially add the new items to my inventory, and so on...
*Being able to bookmark stores to revisit them in the future.

Don't know if this has been brought up - strange parts don't show up when you list a weapon with them attached. It would be cool if they were listed automatically, but if it's easier - being able to put a note on every trade would be useful for this, and I am sure lots of other reasons. I put the strange parts as my shop desc (see my shop) but it was a workaround. Site is a very cool thing. Just wanted to say that - good work!
Yes they do, you just have to hover over the items for the additional information.

Another suggestion! Custom messages for when people complete a trade with your store. Would be a nice touch to be able to add a personal thank you message when people buy something.

Please remove the price suggestion detail from metal. It's annoying scanning through trades and seeing 0.33 on everything before seeing how much they actually want. In general I find all the numbers on every icon a little intrusive, maybe on hover would be better, or have that as a preference?

Could you please add the new items to the item search system?
I want to trade my festive weapon for another one 1:1 without having to use outpost.

Could you please add the new items to the item search system?
I want to trade my festive weapon for another one 1:1 without having to use outpost.

Item schema updated.

We have to remove the +2 space of beta testers on donators and the VIP inventory limit is set to 300 as we found that the 'buffer space' of premium user is no longer usable.

Maybe you can give beta testers +10% faster bump time, instead of the extra +2 space ^_^

Make it possible to delete forum posts

Suggestions:

*** As well as filters for weapons/crates, also have filters on the home page, and on all searches, to include or exclude: Buying/selling TF2 items, DOTA 2 items, Portal items, Games.

For example, if I have some TF2 stuff, and I want to get some games, I don't think there's any way to just see a list of games being sold for TF2 items, at the moment.

In that situation, the way I imagine this feature helping is: I select checkboxes on the home page or search results to exclude TF2 and Dota 2 items on the selling side, and more checkboxes to exclude games and Dota 2 items on the buying side. So then I can just see trades in which games are selling for TF2 items

Another example: if I don't play much TF2 now, and I want to trade all my TF2 stuff for any Dota 2 stuff, there's no easy way to find relevant trades. At the moment, the best I can do is try a search, which isn't helpful if I'm just browsing and haven't decided what I want.

*** And, I'm sure some traders would also like a filter to include/exclude unusuals on the home page

*** Improve Dota 2 item selection in trade creation and searches.

Dispenser.tf's TF2 item selection is good, with the category/class/currency selectors, but it's difficult to find and select Dota 2 items, such as keys. Once you realize the list is alphabetical, it gets easier, but I guess new users and non-English speakers don't know. Dota 2 trading is a huge market for dispenser.tf, so if the item selection interface was improved, I think that would attract many users.

*** Allow the same item to be in two or more trades. For example: if I want to sell my hat for 1 key, OR 3.44 ref. I do understand that adding this sort of feature has some safety risks, so it's not as simple as it looks, though. Just something I hope to see in future.

*** Trading for Bitcoin ;) why not?

A feature to block all customizations from preferences from showing up would be really nice.

The Inventory section of each user's shop shows every item. Please provide an option to disable drawing of items which are in a trade. It's usually not helpful to see them. They are displayed in the Trades section of the shop anyway.

The problem is that displaying them can get slow when there are more than 100. I can't imagine what it will be like when somebody has 1000+

It's necessary to reload the shop page very many times when moving items around in trades, so I guess this also puts an unwanted load on the server, which seems rather slow to display pages today.