Forum/Support Market
Busy icon
This is the thread for every problems and requests for Google Authenticator. Please post here if you encounter any problem regarding Google Authenticator.

1. On Google Authenticator setup problem.

First, make sure your mobile device is synchronized to the Internet time. This is essential for the code being generated to work.

If the time is already synced but the code still isn't working, please provide these details:
a) The timezone of your device
b) The model of your device
c) The OS of your device

2. On Google Authenticator reset request.

If you are changing/resetting phone, please disable Google Authenticator yourself beforehand. So that you do not have to disable your account.

We have now a more strict rule on Google Authenticator reset request. Unless your account has only very low value of assets, now you cannot just come and say you want to reset G-Auth. There will be a 48 hour freeze period before you can reset. This period is to know whether the request is legit (i.e. not a 'fake' request by an account hijacker). If your account is hijacked, you should post here ASAP to inform us that no G-Auth reset request should be taken for your account, in order to protect your items. If you do not want your account to be frozen, you should be well-prepared before you reset or replace a mobile device, or submit a request beforehand.

**IMPORTANT**
1. Please consider using Google Authenticator as a security method if you have a reasonable amount of valuable items. Google Authenticator is an effective way of protecting your items. We won't be responsible for any of your loss if it is caused by account hijacking.

2. Please leave Google Authenticator DISABLED if you do not store any items nor Bitcoins here.

3. Please leave Google Authenticator DISABLED if you do not know what it is.
Replies

!Naked Warrior and drinktea28: Your account is reset, please check.

I accidentally forgot my Code so now im screwed :/

I accidentally forgot my Code so now im screwed :/

No problem, your account will be reset.

could you please reset my Google Auth as well?
My old secondary phone broke from the looks of it i can't access the old GA anymore - although its the same google account.
Thanks in advance. (thanks for reseting it) question: is there no code generated to recover the gauth in case something happens to the phone?

Last time I used google auth was back in 2013 and I deleted the app. Now the site begs me to add the code and when I downloaded the app, logged in and have the code, it says the damn code is invalid. I don't know what to do to fix this.

Hello i format and sold my old phone before formatting and forgot to disable google authenticator
Can reset please i want to login :(

Hello i format and sold my old phone before formatting and forgot to disable google authenticator
Can reset please i want to login :(

Your mobile auth is reset.

Please reset my Google Authenticator.

I lost it a few years ago, but I again need to use Dispenser.

Thanks!

Please reset my Google Authenticator.

I lost it a few years ago, but I again need to use Dispenser.

Thanks!

Okay, sure.

Please may you reset my Google Auth, as I had to get my phone repaired and the Samsung backup program doesn't restore app data.(When is said it should)

Please may you reset my Google Auth, as I had to get my phone repaired and the Samsung backup program doesn't restore app data.(When is said it should)

Okay it's done.

UI inconsistency on /<%shopname>#BITCOIN with Google auth

When attempting to withdraw bitcoin with the Google auth not added or have Use Google Auth for shop inventory disabled on /view_security/ the Google auth code field is absent in the withdraw form.
Since you require a Google auth to withdraw bitcoin, even if it isn't setup yet, the customer who has never heard of it is confused and the user who has it setup can't find the code field.
The error message reads: 'The google auth code is expire or invalid, please try again.'
The only way to enable the code field is by clicking the option in the security settings. However this setting does not make it clear that it has anything to do with bitcoin, nor that having it enabled is a must for witdrawing btc.

Recommendations:
-Split the option Use Google Auth for shop inventory from bitcoin's dependency on Google auth.
-Make it clear to the end user that a Google auth is a must and where they can enable it.
-Update the error message to better reflect the problems the user is having.
-Always show the Google auth field, even when a Google auth isn't added yet, to enforce the feeling of the required Google auth and it's usage.

I reset my phone and have lost my codes so I cannot login. I have disable my account ,Can I have my account reset?

I reset my phone and have lost my codes so I cannot login. I have disable my account ,Can I have my account reset?

Already reset.

UI inconsistency on /<%shopname>#BITCOIN with Google auth

When attempting to withdraw bitcoin with the Google auth not added or have Use Google Auth for shop inventory disabled on /view_security/ the Google auth code field is absent in the withdraw form.
Since you require a Google auth to withdraw bitcoin, even if it isn't setup yet, the customer who has never heard of it is confused and the user who has it setup can't find the code field.
The error message reads: 'The google auth code is expire or invalid, please try again.'
The only way to enable the code field is by clicking the option in the security settings. However this setting does not make it clear that it has anything to do with bitcoin, nor that having it enabled is a must for witdrawing btc.

Recommendations:
-Split the option Use Google Auth for shop inventory from bitcoin's dependency on Google auth.
-Make it clear to the end user that a Google auth is a must and where they can enable it.
-Update the error message to better reflect the problems the user is having.
-Always show the Google auth field, even when a Google auth isn't added yet, to enforce the feeling of the required Google auth and it's usage.

Work is underway.