Forum/Support Market
Busy icon
This is the thread for every problems and requests for Google Authenticator. Please post here if you encounter any problem regarding Google Authenticator.

1. On Google Authenticator setup problem.

First, make sure your mobile device is synchronized to the Internet time. This is essential for the code being generated to work.

If the time is already synced but the code still isn't working, please provide these details:
a) The timezone of your device
b) The model of your device
c) The OS of your device

2. On Google Authenticator reset request.

If you are changing/resetting phone, please disable Google Authenticator yourself beforehand. So that you do not have to disable your account.

We have now a more strict rule on Google Authenticator reset request. Unless your account has only very low value of assets, now you cannot just come and say you want to reset G-Auth. There will be a 48 hour freeze period before you can reset. This period is to know whether the request is legit (i.e. not a 'fake' request by an account hijacker). If your account is hijacked, you should post here ASAP to inform us that no G-Auth reset request should be taken for your account, in order to protect your items. If you do not want your account to be frozen, you should be well-prepared before you reset or replace a mobile device, or submit a request beforehand.

**IMPORTANT**
1. Please consider using Google Authenticator as a security method if you have a reasonable amount of valuable items. Google Authenticator is an effective way of protecting your items. We won't be responsible for any of your loss if it is caused by account hijacking.

2. Please leave Google Authenticator DISABLED if you do not store any items nor Bitcoins here.

3. Please leave Google Authenticator DISABLED if you do not know what it is.
Replies

Hi.

I installed and activated the Google-Authenticator with the QR-Code.
Its telling me a 6-digit number.
But its always saying "wrong code".

After some research I tried the "time synchronisation", but this did not worked for me, too.
My account is not a heavy trading account, but as you can see in your history I did some transactions over the years.
After a research in this board I decided to write within this post. Should be the right place?

I want to withdraw Bitcoin to a new address. If you say without Google Auth its possible to an old BTC address, only. (from history) it is possible maybe with one of those addresses. (have to check)
Anyways not one of those past withdraws was with a confirmation code and I was not on this site for a while.

By the way I just uploaded over 100 keys and sold them.
If my account would be "hacked" --- why the hacker should upload the keys? ;)

Can you help me out? I dont get my Bitcoin out. Thank you.

EDIT:
I can confirm that you can use the known ---> *****TTYU <--- (BTC-)address from my withdraw history. Its an active and working wallet of mine. Fee 150sat/byte -> Remaining BTC -> Withdraw (should be 0.01259971)

But the code is okay when you create and login?

Please check in the preference settings: https://dispenser.tf/view_security/ . Use Google Authenticator has to be enabled.

Check the input fields in the withdrawal page. Do not leave space when you copy and paste a Bitcoin address (very common mistake). Do not enter any invalid characters in the fields.

Please try if you could solve the problem. If nothing works I will help you withdraw your BTC.

Hi.

I installed and activated the Google-Authenticator with the QR-Code.
Its telling me a 6-digit number.
But its always saying "wrong code".

After some research I tried the "time synchronisation", but this did not worked for me, too.
My account is not a heavy trading account, but as you can see in your history I did some transactions over the years.
After a research in this board I decided to write within this post. Should be the right place?

I want to withdraw Bitcoin to a new address. If you say without Google Auth its possible to an old BTC address, only. (from history) it is possible maybe with one of those addresses. (have to check)
Anyways not one of those past withdraws was with a confirmation code and I was not on this site for a while.

By the way I just uploaded over 100 keys and sold them.
If my account would be "hacked" --- why the hacker should upload the keys? ;)

Can you help me out? I dont get my Bitcoin out. Thank you.

EDIT:
I can confirm that you can use the known ---> *****TTYU <--- (BTC-)address from my withdraw history. Its an active and working wallet of mine. Fee 150sat/byte -> Remaining BTC -> Withdraw (should be 0.01259971)

But the code is okay when you create and login?

Please check in the preference settings: https://dispenser.tf/view_security/ . Use Google Authenticator has to be enabled.

Check the input fields in the withdrawal page. Do not leave space when you copy and paste a Bitcoin address (very common mistake). Do not enter any invalid characters in the fields.

Please try if you could solve the problem. If nothing works I will help you withdraw your BTC.

Well, I tried everything.
I even activated Google-Auth for this -> "Use Google Authenticator when accessing your shop inventory."
And tried again, but the Google-Auth is not working for me. Never hat this activated before, but I know it from Steam and Battle.Net of course.
But they are working for me.

Its saying the code expired or is invalid. Again and again.
And while its saying that the code is wrong I can check it again with my given code and it is 100% the right one - well the given one from the App.
Amount is fine. Address is fine.

Just the authcode is outraging :/

Would be cool to send a scrap metal for Auth. My Steam Authenticator is working.

I even activated Google-Auth for this -> "Use Google Authenticator when accessing your shop inventory."
And tried again, but the Google-Auth is not working for me. Never hat this activated before, but I know it from Steam and Battle.Net of course.

And while its saying that the code is wrong I can check it again with my given code and it is 100% the right one - well the given one from the App.

Would be cool to send a scrap metal for Auth. My Steam Authenticator is working.

But the code works when you login or use if for other functions? It only reports bad code when you withdraw BTC?

But the code works when you login or use if for other functions? It only reports bad code when you withdraw BTC?

Well, it never asked me during login. I just login with my steamguard.
I activated the Google Auth with the given QR-Code in my login.
I see a name@dispenser connected to my google account on my mobile.
And I can ask for a code, yes, and I see a 6 digit code in this format "xxx xxx" (0-9).

And I still dont get my bitcoins out and I really have no idea what I did wrong.
I know security is important, but it should be not forced.
As small normal customer I do it always like: Use it, sell it, get my dust out.
If a big costumer or shop owner needs it, of course its important.
I even would -check a box- which is saying: YES, I KNOW THE RISK WITHOUT THE F... GOOGLE AUTH ... to finally get my coins.

Sorry, we need a stable solution for it. I dont sell much, like 1-2 times in a year some (~100) keys, but I want to use your market place in future, too.

What can I try?

Well, it never asked me during login. I just login with my steamguard.

I believe this is the problem.

According to our database you have not setup your google authenticator here. The entry on your phone could be old or already expired.

Delete the entry on your phone ([email protected]) and go to: https://dispenser.tf/view_security/#google_authenticator and setup again there.

After that you should be asked your code during login, and you can test your code there.

Hi Joto,

So I have a problem. I accidentally dropped my phone in a lake (so its not like its been hacked/stolen) and I had google authenticator on it.
I do not really want to 'emergency disable' my account, would it be possible for you to remove the google authenticator, and then add again to my new phone without suspending my account?

Cheers,
rega

Hi Joto,

So I have a problem. I accidentally dropped my phone in a lake (so its not like its been hacked/stolen) and I had google authenticator on it.
I do not really want to 'emergency disable' my account, would it be possible for you to remove the google authenticator, and then add again to my new phone without suspending my account?

Cheers,
rega

Sure. I will reset the authenticator.

I won't be able to add authenticator to your new phone. You should set it up again on your new phone if you need it.

Hi, I'm unable to withdraw with the google auth. I've set it up from scratch twice and updated my timezone on the website.

But I still get invalid code when i try to withdraw. "Submitted verification code was expired or invalid, please try again."

The code is valid when I setup the auth and when I tried to remove it.

Thanks
Andrew

Hi, I'm unable to withdraw with the google auth. I've set it up from scratch twice and updated my timezone on the website.

But I still get invalid code when i try to withdraw. "Submitted verification code was expired or invalid, please try again."

The code is valid when I setup the auth and when I tried to remove it.

Thanks
Andrew

Please check in the security page: https://dispenser.tf/view_security/ if the option "Use Google Authenticator" is enabled.

Hi, i had to reset my phone, and lost my google auth. I'm going to move to a different auth app. Can you disablbe the google auth on my account please? thx

Hi, i had to reset my phone, and lost my google auth. I'm going to move to a different auth app. Can you disablbe the google auth on my account please? thx

Okay, it's done.

Joto,

I just got a new phone because my old phone was damaged beyond repair. I am unable to use google auth to login. can you reset it for me? or maybe i am missing something and i should try something first. I can't login to my account and my items are not accessible.

Joto,

I just got a new phone because my old phone was damaged beyond repair. I am unable to use google auth to login. can you reset it for me? or maybe i am missing something and i should try something first. I can't login to my account and my items are not accessible.

Yes, sure.

Hi Joto,

I have a new phone and don't have the Google Authenticator from my old phone (it was not lost or stolen). Could you please reset/disable the Google Authenticator on my account? Thank you.

Hi Joto,

I have a new phone and don't have the Google Authenticator from my old phone (it was not lost or stolen). Could you please reset/disable the Google Authenticator on my account? Thank you.

Okay sure.