Forum/Support Market
Busy icon
This is the thread for every problems and requests for Google Authenticator. Please post here if you encounter any problem regarding Google Authenticator.

1. On Google Authenticator setup problem.

First, make sure your mobile device is synchronized to the Internet time. This is essential for the code being generated to work.

If the time is already synced but the code still isn't working, please provide these details:
a) The timezone of your device
b) The model of your device
c) The OS of your device

2. On Google Authenticator reset request.

If you are changing/resetting phone, please disable Google Authenticator yourself beforehand. So that you do not have to disable your account.

We have now a more strict rule on Google Authenticator reset request. Unless your account has only very low value of assets, now you cannot just come and say you want to reset G-Auth. There will be a 48 hour freeze period before you can reset. This period is to know whether the request is legit (i.e. not a 'fake' request by an account hijacker). If your account is hijacked, you should post here ASAP to inform us that no G-Auth reset request should be taken for your account, in order to protect your items. If you do not want your account to be frozen, you should be well-prepared before you reset or replace a mobile device, or submit a request beforehand.

**IMPORTANT**
1. Please consider using Google Authenticator as a security method if you have a reasonable amount of valuable items. Google Authenticator is an effective way of protecting your items. We won't be responsible for any of your loss if it is caused by account hijacking.

2. Please leave Google Authenticator DISABLED if you do not store any items nor Bitcoins here.

3. Please leave Google Authenticator DISABLED if you do not know what it is.
Replies

Hey Joto, Can you disable the google authenticator on my account please, thanks.

Hey Joto, Can you disable the google authenticator on my account please, thanks.

Okay.

Hey Joto, i had to reset my phone, and lost my google auth Can you disable the google authenticator on my account please, thanks

Hello

Sorry to bother you with that but I had my screen phone broken and then was not able to reset the Google Authentificator. Could you reset it please ?

Thanks a lot

PS : I did the emergency disable, not sure it was required in that case but... Too late xP

Cyrus and The_Average_Man | trade.tf: Your google-auth is reset.

Cyrus and The_Average_Man | trade.tf: Your google-auth is reset.

Thanks a lot :)

Hi Joto,

I have a request. So, I factory reset my phone with google auth on it. Bit embarrassing on my part, since i should have checked this beforehand. Could you please disable google authenticator? If you need any proof I'll post it :3

Hi,

software reseted my phone, and forgot to disable google authentificator.

Could you disable it for me?

Hi,

software reseted my phone, and forgot to disable google authentificator.

Could you disable it for me?

Okay, I have already reset it.

I am not sure if it is the right place to post, but i will try here.
I tried to disable my google authenticator(my phone was dying) and i have the account disabled. Can you please re-enable it? Thank you.

I tried to disable my google authenticator(my phone was dying) and i have the account disabled. Can you please re-enable it? Thank you.

Sure.

Sure.

Thanks for your help.

Okay.